Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

Worst Day Ever

So as an Army Wife you are put through a ton of difficult things.  From lonely nights when the guys have to go the field, to the long year apart for a deployment.  This deployment has been a tough one for our guys without a doubt.  Negative notifications came too frequently, and it has put a strain on all the families back home.  But today when my phone rang, and I was the one getting that call, your whole world turns upside down.  Normally when FRG calls to give a notificationa bout someone its a different states area code, and it's obviously always one of the other wives calling.  So when I looked down to see a CO Springs area code calling me I felt weird.  And when I answered to a man's voice asking if this Mrs. Champion, I knew something happened to my husband and my heart stopped.  You always hear people say this and can only imagine what it must feel like.  But yes, your heart literally stops momentarily.  Once it starts to beat again you begin to shake like you have never shook before.  When the man told me my husband had stepped on an IED, a million things ran through my head.  My heart broke for him.  I can't imagine going through something like that and what emotions are triggered from it.  After getting all these phonee numbers to call and etc, I hung up the phone and collapsed into my friend Megan's arms (thank God she was there).  I have never cried so hard in my life.  And then came the hard task of calling family and telling them he was injured.  That in itself felt like an impossible task to do.  They told me that once he was stable I would get a phone call, so I sat by my phone for hours staring at it waiting to hear his voice and reassure him I am here and love him with all my heart.  I finally got the call this afternoon and it was so good to hear his voice.  I don't know what the right thing to say is.  I aam so thankful my husband is alive.  I will be by his side through every step of the way.  Now all I have to do is wait to be flown to his bedside, where I belong.


1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your hubby. I hope he is okay and I hope you are okay as well. I don't know what else to say, but *HUGS* and I hope everything ends up well.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my posts are always welcomed and appreciated!!!