It is the closest thing I had to show them what some kind of camo looks like. So as I am showing them this picture one girl said "Are you and your husband leaving each other in this picture?" I said yes we were and that this was the last time I saw him before he had to leave. This child's father travels for work so I explained that my husband had to travel for work except he had to be gone for a year. Apparently being far more aware then I though she went on to say " Wow that is a long time. But he has to go fight, right? That's why he is gone?" Well informed I must say. Then a little later on I said something along the lines of "I have to go home and get dinner after work." My other 4 year old then said "Yeah you have to get dinner by yourself every night because your husband is gone. You wish he was here so that he could get dinner ready, but he can't so you have to do it." Yeah, I love those kids :)

Hey! I saw your blog on DD and thought I would check it out! I work with kids too and they always have a way of making me feel better! I hope the rest of your deployment flies by! :]
ReplyDeleteHA HA wow I love this. I'm like Megan, Saw your blog on DD
ReplyDelete