So this weekend, one of my Army wife friends Heather & I decided to head to CO Springs/Pueblo to have some girl time along with our other friend Megan. On Saturday we got down there in the afternoon, and headed to the State Fair. It was ok, but it was super hot and the girl's kids were getting hungry and uncomfortable (so were we). So after an hour we decided to leave, grab some dinner, then head back to Megan's for the night. After the kids went down to bed, the fun began :)
First of all, let me discuss the app's on cell phones that show you which star constellations you are looking at. Megan lives out in the middle of nowhere Pueblo ( Heather & I are convinced that this is how bad things happen to good people in scary movies!) So at night the sky was very clear and I decided to play with this app on Megan's phone. You know a phone is smart when it can tell you where stars are located through the Earth. IfI pointed it at the ground it still told me which constellation would be there. Impressed much?
Secondly, I want it to go on official record that I am awesome at the Wii game "Just Dance". Yes that's right, you are hearing from the 3x just dance Champion (my last name is fitting!). At first I was tired and said "No, no I will just watch" But after much insisiting I got up and gave it a shot. Heather & Megan immediately regretted that decision. So much so that I swear they purposely gave me a bad remote so that when it died in the middle of a song, I suddenly started to "suck" at the game. After realizing it, I quickly called for a rematch! So we ended up moving & grooving until about 2:30 in the morning. Not only have I proved my mean dancing skills, but I think we all sweated off a few pounds! Who needs cardio when you can Just Dance?!?! So I have decided to purchase this game, and my all time favorite dances to do last night were "Pump it Up" and "Hot & Cold"...Oh yeah!
Then today, Heather came with me to visit my cousin. He is in the Army and happens to be at Fort Carson for a few weeks teaching an ALC course. We went and got Greek food at a restaurant in Old Colorado City called "Jake & Telly's". I would highly recommend it...the food was delicious! Then we went to the Zoo. I love Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, it is just so neat every time I have gone. Today my mission was to face my fears and actually pet the giraffes (you are able to walk right up to them and feed them!) After I did so, a person then held a cracker right by my face for the giraffe to eat. I swore he was going to lick my face (and they have really weird, long, creepy purple tongues!) Luckily, it did not lick me. But I was all done after that. The MONKEYS are still my all time favorites here! They are hilarious! The ones with really long arms who swing around & show off are the best. They look sooo funny walking around because they have adult size arms with child size bodies. One of them put on a fabulous show for us...swinging to and fro and then stopping to spin on his back/head. All in all, great weekend and much needed.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments on my posts are always welcomed and appreciated!!!