These two things will define my fall I have decided. Sending my husband care packages makes me feel a little bit closer to him, knowing that he will touch the very things that I am touching. Silly, but you learn to find meaning in the simplest and strangest of things when you're husband is deployed.
As you can see...I love to put a little extra into my care packages. 1) Because it makes it special for hubby. 2) Because, hello I NEED HOBBIES....lol it is like scrapbooking onto a box I suppose. And you would be surprised how much time it can take to add these little extras. So on the weekends it helps pass the time, and is worth while for me to do so.
**As a funny little side note, I have verified that I have lost my mind a bit. Just a few days ago I was feeling lonely. I found my self sitting on our couch, crying as I smelled the back cushion because I swear it smelled just like my husband! I am ok with sharing a piece of my insanity to bring a good laugh and smile to lighten your day :) **
Anyways-- I am so excited that football season has begun. I am a die hard Broncos fan! Regardless of how good or bad we may be doing I will support my team to the end. Every game day I am wearing my gear and ready for the game. I could possibly get into the football game more than most men. And I am proud to say it :) So you can imagine how completely ecstatic...thrilled...just plain happy I was to attend the Broncos Vs. Lions game this weekend. Yes it is only preseason....however when you are attending for free and sitting in a suite (the suite next to the Broncos owner's suite infact), eating delicious food (for free), and drinking whatever you want (for free) then it does not matter what game it is! It was a great time. My friend Heather's birthday was the day before, so I had her join me :) -- We barely lost by 5 pts in the last few minutes of the game...but it was still a great game. I still have hope for my boys this season.





No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments on my posts are always welcomed and appreciated!!!