Whew....I thought it would NEVER come this week. A long week all in all. A lot happened! Where oh where to even begin!
Starting with work...we moved to the new school this week YAY! It is cute, it is perfect! We set it up exactly how we wanted, and I think it screams "Acasha & Angela" all over it. We even have our own teacher area that's decked out with black, white, and lime green :) It is absolutely wonderful to feel at home, when you are at work. PS our boss is awesome! This week she gave us gift cards to a restaurant called Texas de Brazil just for working hard. And I have heard it is a delicious restaurant. As excited as I am to try it, I decided to save it for when Chris comes home on R&R. Also, I grow to love my kids (at work) more and more each day. They are awesome and have the best little personalities. And I must add they are extremely observant.
Example:Today at work, I have a little boy who has "brown" skin as my kids say. He was hugging me, and examining me when he looked up and said "Ms. Angela you are brown like me. Well, kind of. Actually we're diffrent kinds of browns".
In my attempt to describe the reasoning for this I responded "Well yes you are right. That's because my daddy is brown like you, and my mommy is white like your friend (I pointed to another child in the class). So when the two mix you get a 'diffrent kind of brown' like me"
Then another child chimed into this very insightful conversation saying "Yeah actually Ms.Angela is kind of like Pocahontis. She is more of a like creamy peanut buttery brown."
I just had to laugh. Yes yes, I am officially a creamy peanut buttery Pocahontis type brown person :) Gotta love kids!
On another note I would like to say I loved my pizookie night with Acasha, Cassie L, Kim and her daughter on Wednesday night. In case you have no idea what a pizookie is, I HIGHLY recommend going to your nearest BJs Restaurant and ordering one! It is a warm, cookie baked in a small pizza dish and topped with 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream that slowly melt into the warm cookie and make you think for a moment you died and went to Heaven!
And lastly but most importantly. Chris got his care packages. He highly approved of my fabulous box decorating skills :)
So happy to hear Chris got his care package. I know you put alot of time and love into those boxes for your hubby!
ReplyDelete