Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Work Adventures

So I meant to blog about this yesterday (after it happened) but haven't gotten the time to sit down and write until now.  So at work yesterday, we were finishing up lunch and getting ready for nap time.  One of our kids went in the bathroom to go potty and wash up.  After a few minutes I realize she is taking a bit of a long time.  So I go over to the bathroom and notice the door is shut (the kids don't shut the door when they go potty, only teachers do).  I go to open it and...it's locked.  There is another door to the bathroom, so I walk around to that door and SURPRISE....it's locked too! Ok first reaction is obviously "Are you kidding me?!?"  I placed my head on the side of the door frame and just started laughing...kind of a like "I can't believe this happening to me right now" nervous laugh.  Acasha see's me and asks what is so funny.  I tell her, and I am pretty sure the same thought goes through her head.  Well it just happens it is one of my younger, less cooperative kids who has gotten themselves locked in the bathroom.  First, I attempt to use a pen to poke in the hole and unlock the door.  FAIL.  Then I consider many other objects, none of which are small enough to fit into the hole.  FAIL.  I then come marching out of my boss's office with the wire replica of the empire state building. lol Acasha was laughing so hard because I had the most determined look on my face with a freaking empire state building replica in tow.  What?!  The top was small and pointy, a child is locked in the bathroom, let's just say you get creative.  However, it too FAILED!  Then, literally seconds before we were going to break the door handle and barge in Acasha shouted "Wait!" And reached up to the ledge above the door and wallah!  There is the precise, little metal object meant for exactly this occasion.  Crisis aborted :)
On another note...today at work I created a new snack for the class which is now known as "Happy Applesauce".  Sometimes you have to mix it up and find excitement in the little things...like kids do.  So below is a picture of my little creation.  Can you guess what it is?


It's a giraffe face!!! lol The kids loved it.  Us teachers loved it even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my posts are always welcomed and appreciated!!!