Pages

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Friday Fill-In #4 / Update

So with everything going on lately my blogging lacked a bit this week (sorry)...hence why my Friday Fill-In isn't being done until Saturday. It has been a week filled with a range of emotions.  I would go from crying to angry to laughing just to keep myself from crying again.  I even turned into that crazy lady who screamed at a complete stranger out of frustration, shouting that my husband was laid up in a hospital in Germany because he stepped on a landmine and that they weren't helping the situation any.  You get some very interesting looks when you divulge such information around a bunch of strangers who have no idea the burden you are carrying on your shoulders.  I must admit I have been quite cynical this week, and annoyed by the ignorance of people.  I normally get annoyed by this, but even more so then normal.  It is hard seeing people go about their merry little lives, and complaining about petty things, and then knowing all that my husband is going through.  This is why I choose not to leave my house unless it is necessary.  I am not shutting myself out from people, I just choose not to deal with the general public if I don't have to.  I would love for friends to come visit me, and to not be alone.  I understand that most my friends have kids and busy lives so I am ok they can't come keep me company but I am getting lonely.  So this means they need to hurry up and get my husband stateside. He is doing alright.  Given the circumstances, I do not really know how to answer people when they ask how he is.  There is no real good way to answer this.  He is alive, he is in a lot of pain, I try to reassure him everyday.  Beyond that I do not know what to say.  He should be stateside within the next few days, and I hope time goes by fast until I am with him again.  And I must say, looking at this situation, our wedding song truly is the perfect song for us.  It's Never Alone by Lady Antebellum, the music video is below.



Now onto the random questions:

1.What is the silliest get-up you have ever worn outside of a Halloween party?
*Pretty much anything prior to highschool was "silly", and I am sure in another 5 years or so things from high school will seem silly too.
2.What is something that you gave up in order to live the military lifestyle?
*The whole school/career thing has not been a priority in my life.  I postponed school due to my own decision but going back has been postponed more due to the military life.  Having a steady job hasn't been easy either.  I had a job when my hubby was in Iraq.  When he got back, we moved so I quit my job.  Several months later I went back to work.  I then switched jobs (went from one preschool to a new one), and only 2 months into this job I got the news of my husband's injury.  So now I am leaving to go be with him through the duration of recovery.  My first "job" is being an army wife.

3.If money wasn’t a factor and you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be? And why?
*First I would want to go to a warm, tropical island.  With super blue/clear waters, and white sandy beaches.  Secondly, would be Europe.  I would love to go to Italy and see the country, eating the foods and drinking the wines!  Also, would love to visit Germany someday, and I think Ireland would be beautiful.

4.If you were going to join the military, what branch would you join? Or which MOS/rating would you choose?
*I would never join the military.  I would however work as an Army Civilian.
5.What is your favorite thing to make for dinner?
*Any type of italian or pasta dish.  It's my husband and I's favorite :)

1 comment:

  1. I hope you get to see your hubby soon and that he's doing okay. *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my posts are always welcomed and appreciated!!!