Pages

Sunday, October 17, 2010

A Few Tears

So today my husband was still in the ICU hooked up to the ketamine drip.  He again slept most of the day but I stayed by his side.  Then, finally around 8pm I decided I should head back to my hotel room for the night.  I went over to him to let him know I was leaving, so he wouldn't wake up wondering where I went.  He laid there mumbling some complete nonsense.  I know it's the drugs and I understand that, but it is so hard being there with him knowing he isn't really "there".  And then in the midst of all his random ramblings he began to gently caress my face with his hand.  Unsure if he even knew where he was I asked him if he knew what he was doing.  He says "Yes, I am rubbing your face."  I said "Whose face are you rubbing?"  His response was, "My wifes.  Because she is beautiful and likes when I do this."  It just touched my heart and  brought tears to my eyes. I couldn't stop crying as I stood there holding my husband in my arms.  I love him so much and can't wait for all his pain and suffering to be over.

Love's greatest gift is its ability to make everything it touches sacred.

2 comments:

  1. Awww that is sweet. I can't wait to see both of you. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is really sweet. i hope your husband gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my posts are always welcomed and appreciated!!!