So I like to think I have been holding up fairly well over the last few weeks given the unfortunate circumstances. Now don't get me wrong, I have had my moments of crying and breaking down but rarely does anyone else witness those moments. I try to keep them to myself, and remain strong on the outside. I am not exactly sure why I do this, but it is my way of trying to make sense of everything going on in my life and all the crazy emotions that go through me day in and day out. Any who, let me tell you all about yet another ridiculous thing to happen to me! I have always joked that I deserve a reality show about my life, and that it would be far more interesting then some of the ones currently on tv. And today reminded me how right I am about that!
Like I mentioned in my last blog, my husband did a "procedure" to kind of refresh his nerves so he can respond to pain meds better. This consists of him going to the ICU and being hooked up to a drip of ketamine which pretty much made him sleep and have some hallucinations at times. It was awful. at one point he had his eyes wide open and kept saying "Where's my wife?" The nurses assured him I was standing right there. he was looking straight at me, but couldn't see me. The only that settled him was hearing my voice telling him I really was there, and that it's ok. My poor husband, but hopefully this will help with his pain management starting tomorrow. But, this meant that he was completely out of all day. So finally I was convinced to go ahead and leave the hospital and go relax. So I walked back to my hotel, and was talking on the phone to my mom. I got into the elevator and pushed the button for the 4th floor. So it starts to go up. Passes floor 2....passes floor 3....is about to floor 4 then out of no where it like jerks and then just STOPS! I go "No way..." My mom says "What?" I say "I'm freaking stuck in the elevator, it just stopped!" I then start frantically puching buttons, and nothing happend. I start shaking and digging through my purse trying to find the hotel phone number. Of course it is nowhere to be found so I hang up my phone, look up the hotel number (thank goodness for internet on my cell!) and call the front desk. When the girl answered I yelled "Uhm I'm stuck in the freaking elevator!!!" Then freaking out, I also call one of our liason's down here and inform him I am stuck. I called back to the front office, eyes full of tears and sat on the phone until the fire fighters arrived. By the time they got there, I was shaking and just praying the darn door would open. They were trying and trying to pry it open and of course it would not open! They then locked the elevator shaft, causing this god awful buzzing sound to go off and at that point I just lost it. I began bawling my eyes out asking why in the world such things happen to me! I mean whose husband gets injured in Afghanistan and gets stuck in an elevator in a span of three weeks!?!? So after many failed attempts at opening the door, a firefighter pulls off a portion of the top of the elevator and pops his head in. At this point I was squatting on the ground, crying hysterically and I said "I'm just having a horrible day! My husband got injured, and now I an stuck in a freaking elevator! This is just too much all at once!" So they then slid a ladder down through the top of the elevator and had me climb out. I would also like to add that the fire fighter said, "I am going to come down there, and you will walk up the ladder. Now if for some reason the elevator begins to move as you're walking up the ladder, I will probably grab you and pull you back down...but that shouldn't happen." Great words of reassurance...but luckily it didnt happen and after 35 long minutes I was out of that thing. And I for one, will no longer be using the elevators here!!!
♥You will face many defeats in your life, but never let yourself be defeated♥
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments on my posts are always welcomed and appreciated!!!