So I am discovering I find some of the most random ways to pass my time nowdays. From blogging, to making photo books, to cleaning out my closet for the millionth time. And now I have ventured into the whole, pampering myself at home. Partly because I think I need to go to the spa monthly, yet I do not have the money for that. And secondly, cause hey it keeps me oocupied on a Friday night. So earlier this week I decided to try an avocado face mask (because my face was looking a little lack luster this week from poor sleep). My mother came into my face smeared green and thought I was absolutely nuts. But after much convincing, and a bit of a guilt trip ("I'm all alone, can't you just do a mother-daughter thing with me?") she decided to do it too. And guess what...she wants to do it again! It made our face feel so smooth.
Then last night, I tried an avocado hair mask recommended to me by my friend. It was even weirder to put avocado in my hair then it was to put it on my face. I had this stiff pile of green hair molded on top of my head for about 30 minutes. And washing it out felt pretty strange too. After I washed and conditioned it, I went to bed with it wet in a bun. This morning I washed and conditioned it, then styled it as usual. IT'S SO SOFT! It feels like all the stuff that build's up in your hair from daily styling was wiped out. I love it! So today avocado's earn an A+ in my book. If you are adventurous enough, here are the two "recipes" I used.
Avocado Face Mask:
In a bowl mix 1 ripe avocado, 1 egg white, and 1/2 a lemon squeezed. If you want to make it smoother you can mix it in a blender. Clean your face with your usual face wash, then apply the avocado mix. Let it sit for about 20 minutes, then rinse.
Avocado Hair Mask:
In a bowl mix 1 ripe avocado, 1 egg yolk, and 1tsp of olive oil until smooth. (If this mixture doesn't look like enough to cover your hair, just double it, which is what I did). Section your hair off and rub the avocado mix onto your hair from root to tip until your whole head is covered. Let it sit for about 30 minutes and then rinse out (I suggest just hopping in the shower!) Shampoo and conditione hair after it's rinsed clean.

Awe, mother daughter bonding how sweet. I prefer to eat my avocados as guac, but to each their own.
ReplyDeletelol yes I love to eat them as well...don't worry out of each avocado i used part for my creations and ate part :) miss you guys!
ReplyDelete