So i got to BAMC two days ago. When I first got here my husband was just getting out of surgery and going into recovery, sooo I had to wait a bit to see him. Yay...more waiting! But after about 2 hours or so he called me and told me to come up to his room and see him. I cannot begin to explain the flood of emotions that over came me when I walked in and saw him for the first time. He happened to be in a lot of pain when I got there, which maybe made it harder. I was happy and sad and excited and wanted to cry all at once. Even writing this I tear up thinking about that moment. It is hard to see someone you love with all your being in so much pain, and to see his body different from what I last saw 2 months ago. He has obviously lost some weight, but he is still just as handsome to me and I was so happy to touch him, and kiss him, and to just look into his eyes again. So the last 2 days I have just spent by his side, staring at him a lot, and just being so thankful and happy he is home and alive. Especially since according to the post blast analysis he is very lucky to be alive, and that he isn't a multiple amputie.
Today he was able to get out of bed and into his wheel chair for the very first time. I was a nervous wreck the entire moving him in and out of the bed process, but he did great. And he was so happy to get into a different position after all this time and get out of his room for a bit. We walked around the ward a little, and just sat in the lobby by these great big windows in the sun light. It was so nice to sit there with my husband in that moment. Amazing how you find so much comfort in such simple things like that now. We also got to start with some PT stretches for his legs, to prevent drop foot and keep his body parts moving and such. I am very glad we got to do all of this today because he said it motivated him a lot, and that was great to hear. We're taking it all day by day, but we're both doing well.
And here are the Friday Fill-Ins for you guys:
What is the longest road trip you’ve ever taken?
*From CO to Wisconsin for Christmas last year. Second longest was CO to Fort Hood when hubby got back from first deployment.
Do you collect anything? Tell us a bit about it.
*Beyond clothes...no :)
What is your favorite part about being an adult?
*NOTHING...bills suck! haha Joking. Being able to make you're own decisions in general I suppose.
What song brings a tear to your eye?
*My wedding song, but happy tears
Describe your first plane ride (how old you were, where you were heading, etc).
*Not sure really. I believe I was like 3 years old maybe, going to Iowa from CO
Stay strong, positive and patient. Prayers all around...it's all uphill now you two are together!
ReplyDeleteI'm proud of you and miss you bunches already. But you know I'll be trying hard to be down there in a couple weeks. Stay strong my beautiful daughter. I love you!!!
ReplyDelete