Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day Weekend

Long weekends are always nice.  It's amazing how much that one extra day can help to rejuvenate you and get you ready to tackle the world again.  I have always said every weekend should be a three day weekend...unfortunately I don't make all thge rules in life.  Anyways, my Friday before the weekend was pretty mellow at work.  We have had some mystery virus going around kids at work.  There are no symptoms, no cough, no runny nose, and then all of a sudden a fever hits.  Not sure what it is, and one of the parents who works at the hospital says they have been doing tests and culture studies to try and figure it out.  Needless to say, a few kids have been out due to the fever so our numbers on Friday were lower then ususal.  When I got home form work one of my uncles came to visit from Iowa.  He made his famous blue cheese burgers and we all sat outside and enjoyed the night while eating and chatting.  After dinner Chris and I went to the movies and saw Lawless.  I must say, it was a very good movie!  It's about the Bondurant Brothers, who were bootleggers.  Definitely recommend you see it.  Aside from the first 5 minutes of the movie ( I am a major animal lover, and once you see the movie you will understand), I loved it.

Not too much went on Saturday during the day, that evening we went to dinner at the Olive Garden and then to Dave & Busters with some friends.  As always we got a ton of tickets, yet don't really need or want anything in the ticket store.  But of course the preschool teacher in me came out once I saw all the balls.  We are doing a sports theme for the month of September and I was excited to get a bunch of balls for the kids using the tickets we won.

Sunday we headed downtown and grabbed lunch at a mexican restaurant called El Senor Sol...it's the restaurant where I tackled the 60 oz margarita on Cinco de Mayo (though I did not get a margarita this time, I stuck to water).  Afterwards we went to the aquarium (which is right acrossed the street).  My favorite animals to see ended up being the otters, the giant sting rays, the seahorses, and any fish with a leopard pattern.  On our way back to the house, we decided to stop and play a few rounds of mini golf, which we ended just in time before an afternoon rain storm hit.  Though I still didn't beat him, I think I am getting a little better (ha!)

I spent today with my mom.  We ended up going to some of the Parade of Homes that were in the Parker area.  I found one house that I absolutely loved...it looked as if I had decorated it!  Had a very nice floor plan, good flow, and great finishes.  The wood floors were a color I had never seen before and it was beautiful.  It was kind of a lighter carmel wood color but had shades of black, dark brown, and greys in it. Amazing!  Here are a few pics of the house..I wished there was one to show the kitchen!

 
 
 
Also, I know that fall is fast approaching and I knew I would be needing a new pair of black boots for this fall/winter.  I wore mine sooo much last year that I know they wouldn't have survived another season.  I bought a pair of Etienne Aigner's last year that I loved.  I have smaller calves and I hate how much space there is between my leg and most boots.  I tried on several pairs, but turns out I went with a pair of Etienne Aigner's again.  Not only do I think they are cute and comfortable, but they definitely are one of the few boots that aren't as wide in the calf area which is perfect for me!  I will be ready to wear them once the weather starts to cool off!
 

 
I hope everyone else had an enjoyable weekend.  I plan to spend the rest of my evening relaxing, and getting ready to head back to work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my posts are always welcomed and appreciated!!!