Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2012

President Obama DNC Speech 2012

This last week the DNC was going on. Though I did not watch all of it, I did catch Michelle Obama, Pres. Clinton, and Pres. Obama's speeches. I generally try to avoid the political topic of conversation, because I am well aware that not everyone has the same views. Everyone has their own opinions, own stances, and I respect everyone's right to do so. I most often have no desire to get into knock down drag out arguements over politics and what I may or may not think is right. I do however have no shame in who I support. I personally liked all the speeches I heard and they touched me and got me fired up and motivated. In particular, the last portion of President Obama's speech really effected me. All of it, but particularly the portions related to our troops and to wounded warriors. I have always admired what the Obama and Biden administration has done as far as showing their support to troops and I will never forget the time I got to meet the first and second lady and how much their support to the wounded warriors and their families meant to me. I will admit that by the end of the portion where he mentions wounded warriors and how seeing them go from hospitalized, to walking, and running brings him hope...I was in pure tears. I couldn't help but think back to the first time I saw Chris in the hospital and how bleak everything felt. How when his right leg was saved I felt a glimmer of hope. When he stood again for the first time I felt another glimmer of hope. Seeing him crutch for the first time, more hope. The first time I saw him walk again, I was filled with hope and belief that life would be ok. Then to see him complete a mini-triatholon. It truly is amazing to see that kind of thing with your own eyes. And as hard the road is, how many ups and downs there are..it truly does give you an entirely new perspective of life and completely redefines the word "Hope". Anyways, I wanted to share this portion of his speech because it meant something to me, and perhaps it may mean something to you. I know where my vote will be in November, and no matter what your personal beliefs may be I hope you take time to pay attention to this election and vote.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my posts are always welcomed and appreciated!!!