Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Oh The Springs

So today I drove to Colorado Springs to go to a doctor's appointment and a dentist appointment.  Since I am currently staying at my mom's an hour north, and all my med stuff is still set up down there I figure the hour drive on occassion is much less a hassle then changing my PCM, etc.  Not to mention a trip to the Springs is always welcome to me.  It holds a warm & fuzzy place in my heart since it was the first place my husband and I had our own place together.  So as I was driving down there I was all giddy and excited to be going back to the Springs after several months.  I admired the beauty of my state and loved seeing the mountains grow closer as I drove further into town. I saw the clouds start to roll in over the mountains and I knew there would be a short afternoon rain, which is so typical for there this time of year.  The rain is always so peaceful, and looks beautiful with all the green trees and the mountains.  And not mention the smell, ahhh it just smells like home.  But then I felt my self quickly change from happy to sad. I began to cry.  And my first thought was "Really Angela?  When will you beable to drive here and not cry!" (This is my 2nd time coming to the Springs since he was injured, and yup still crying!) The reason I was crying is simple.  This is the last place I lived where my life was "normal", before it got flipped on its head and spun around a few several times.  And because if my husband hadn't been injured this deployment, we would be living there now, and it would be home again already.  I long for it so much.  I long for our lives to be there again.  To be normal and peaceful like the afternoon summer rains I adore so much.  So for now all I have to hold onto is a sweet thought, a heartfelt memory, and to keep that place in my heart open and ready for whenever we do get to call Colorado Springs home again.

Pikes Peak driving into the Springs on I-25....

And Cheyenne Mountain, which we always called "Our Mountain" because it was right there when you walked outside our apartment.

Home, the spot of earth supremely blest, A dearer, sweeter spot than all the rest.

2 comments:

  1. This really hit home.. its crazy to think just last week I would of been welcoming Sergio home like all the other wives did and that besides the ball idk when ill be there again when just last year I thought that was going to be my future home! This whole thing has taught me that even if I plan my whole future that doesn't mean its going to turn out like I want.. idk why Sergio got injured and I have no idea what our future holds but taking it one day at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I definitely agree. I didn't think I would be away from there for any more then a year at most. Just hang in there and know that things will have to work out in the end!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my posts are always welcomed and appreciated!!!