For our anniversary, we went to Lake Tavis in Austin, TX. We stayed at a resort right on the Lake called Lakeway Resort and Spa. We checked in on Friday afternoon. I booked us a room with a lakeside view of course (there is no way I want to look out onto the parking lot!) These were the views from our room...
And this is the same view later in the afternoon. I loved how the sun looked on the water...
The first day we were there, Chris was sitting in the lobby and someone who worked there saw his legs and asked what happened. After telling him, the man went and got the manager of the resort to come talk to us. Apparently her husband had just gotten out of the Army. He was apart of the unit portrayed in the movie Restrepo . After chatting with her, she told us she was going to call and make us reservations at the resort's restaurant and that whatever we ordered was going to be comped for us. So that night we enjoyed a nice steak dinner (I got filet mignon, Chris got a very large ribeye) overlooking the lake.
On Saturday, we hung out down at the pool for a little bit and then went to lunch. We ate at a Mexican Restuarant called The Iguana, which was on one of the cliffs overlooking the lake as well. It was very good food, my burrito was HUGE! We went down to a little shopping center, then watched the new Xmen movie. I must say, we both thought it was better then we had anticipated. It was neat how they tied the story line in with actual historical events. Following the movie we went into town and had dinner at Buca di Beppo, which is definitely one of our favorite restaurants ever! And as usual the food was great.
Sunday was our actual anniversary. Chris booked me a very nice spa day as one of my gifts. I enjoyed a facial, a mud body wrap, and a hot stone massage. It was very relaxing, my face and body were super smooth afterwards, and my muscles had no more tension! After I finished, we went to a small little hot dog restaurant we had driven past the day before, for lunch. We squeezed in a game of putt putt golf before heading out for my favorite part of the weekend. We got to go on a private sunset sail around Lake Travis. I was excited, it was my first time on a sail boat. It was fun and definitely loved watching the sunset with each other, whole sitting on the front of the boat.
Monday was our last day there. We went down to the pool one last time, before we had to check out. I was excited to get a good tan in our short stay :)
The resort had several different pools, including a 3 level infinity pool that had a swim up bar on the top level.
This concluded our little trip. I had a good time and am glad we got to get away, even if it was just a few days. On our way back to San Antonio we stopped at a Dairy Queen in a small town called Blanco, TX. I was very disappointed to find out they did not had the cherry dip that hardens. What kind of DQ are you? But we did see some very cool matching 1930's fords!
Overall, our first year was hectic to say the least. We had the wedding, the honeymoon, then he deployed, I moved home, and then he got injured and our world got flipped upside down. It was been an emotional rollercoaster to say the least. We have had highs and more then enough lows to last a lifetime. It hasn't been easy. Our marriage has faced obstacles most people will never have to know. There have been many times I felt like I couldn't do it, or that my life was completely out of my control. Moments I questioned "WHY ME!" I don't know if those feelings will ever go away, but in the end this has definitely made us stronger as individuals and as a couple.
From our vows.... " I will always be open, honest, and faithful to you. To have and to hold, for better, for worse, to love and to cherish for all the days of my life and until my last breath."
I am so thankful that his last breath didn't come on September 26th, because I can honestly say I don't know what I would have done. So I count our blessings and am happy to be by each others side. And I like to think that after this, we can take on anything. I hope we share many more happy years together, and that things only get better from here.
♥ We are told that people stay in love because of chemistry, or because they remain intrigued with each other, because of many kindnesses, because of luck. But part of it has got to be forgiveness and gratefulness. ♥










No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments on my posts are always welcomed and appreciated!!!