This past weekend was our anniversary. We took a mini-trip for the weekend so the gift exchange took place before we headed out for the weekend. I of course, made sure everything I did was in our wedding colors. This has been an obsession of mine from our wedding invites, to the actual wedding, to the wedding thank you cards, to now our anniversary. I am sure it is a tradition I will keep forever. So this is what the presentation of his gifts looked like...
I got him a framed photo of me (from the photos Acasha did back in Sept), his summer cologne which was a special edition and is not sold in stores anymore (so I had to search for it!), a new G-shock watch which he has been talking about getting one for months, and made a scrapbook of our last year from the wedding day on. It took a lot of time, and quite the effort to get all the pics rounded up, but it was so worth it. I added different blog entries that had a correlation to the pictures on that page. Looking at it, it really does mean a lot and speaks magnitudes by showing everything that has happened in such a trivial year in our lives. Here it is...
A few days before we left, Chris came home and surprised me with a big edible arrangement. It even had a pineapple cut in the shape of a "1". I loved it, and it was definitely very yummy. It had pineaple, strawberries, apples, grapes, and cantaloupe. All the fruit made me feel a little less guilty about all the yummy dark chocolate I was eating :)
He got me a very sweet card and a pretty necklace from Helzberg. We love that store, and it is where we have bought all our jewlery. He told me that the two hearts, symbolize us, and the key is because he believes I have been the key to his success in his recovery the last 8 months. It was very sweet and I love and appreciate it so much.♥ More marriages might survive if the partners realized that sometimes the better comes after the worse. ♥











No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments on my posts are always welcomed and appreciated!!!