I stumbled across this event today. It will hit all 50 states at some point this summer (some have already occured). By attending an event in your area and making a contribution you can help Wounded Warriors and their families (or you can personally write a check to us. lol. TOTALLY JOKING!) I think it's pretty cool so I just wanted to share it with you all. The website has a listing of all the cities and dates they will be there, but I do know they will be here in Denver, CO on July 20th. Here's the website for mor information if anyone is interested!
High Five Tour 2011
And today I have several quotes I like related to this blog. And regardless of your political views, I believe we can all agree with these quotes...
♥ The war does not end when you come home. It lives on in memories of your fellow soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines who gave their lives. It endures in the wound that is slow to heal, the disability that isn’t going away, the dream that wakes you at night, or the stiffening in your spine when a car backfires down the street. (Pres. Obama) ♥
♥ Behind every American in uniform stands a wife or husband; a mother, a father; a son or daughter; a sister or brother. These families – these remarkable families – are the force behind the force.(Pres. Obama) ♥
♥ I have always said we have lots of obligations as a nation – but only one truly sacred moral obligation: to prepare and protect those we send into harm’s way, and to give them every bit of care they, and their families, need when they return. (VP Biden) ♥
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments on my posts are always welcomed and appreciated!!!