So lets take a step back...a few months ago the hubs and I made the big decision to come off birth control. I realized that there was a chance it could take awhile to be able to conceive, and I would rather start trying now then wait until later and be disappointed if we had difficulties. The first month came and went, the good old monthly visitor made her appearance. I didn't expect to get pregnant the first month, totally fine. At the end of month number 2...the night before I expected my period to start, I had horrible cramps that had me literally hunched over in a ball with tears in my eyes. I though...uhm odd...but then again I was coming off the pill and knew my body could be getting used to it's new natural routine. That and I used to have terrible cramps, which is why I initially even went on birth control years ago. So I didn't think too much of it. The next day I felt a bit nauseous on and off, but still figured it must be just the onset of my cycle. Well, by the afternoon of the following day (June 24th) I was buying a pregnancy test still not completely convinced that was a possibility. That night after work I went home, took the test and set it down as I was unpacking my stuff from work. I remember when I set it down it had a little sand timer image on it, a few minutes later I glanced at it and noticed the timer was gone. Instead there were little letters. I remember holding my breath a moment thinking "That only looks like one word, not two..." So there I stood in my bathroom, slowly inching towards it. When I grabbed it and saw the word "Pregnant" I literally jumped back against the wall and just started yelling "Oh my gosh...oh my gosh!!!!"
So my first week after finding out I was pregnant, was rough. Those cramps I had continued, and even became more frequent. They were waking me up at night, and stopping me in my tracks during the day. When they came it was so intense I couldn't do anything but hunch over, or curl up in a ball. I had heard of implantation cramping, but I felt like this was out of the norm. We ended up going to the ER Sunday evening to figure out why I was cramping so much and verify everything was ok. After 6 hours (seriously why must it take so long?) we found out everything looked fine, and I just had a bacterial infection which can be common when the pH levels change with pregnancy. So they gave me antibiotics and the cramping issue was solved, thank goodness!
Yesterday I got to see baby for the first time. I was beyond excited. Unfortunately, Chris is deployed and my mom is out of town. But my dear friend Megan joined me for the appointment. Seeing that little heart beat inside me...was....amazing. It really does make you speechless. They confirmed I am right at the 8 week mark, and everything looks good. Definitely a relief.
I am also happy to say that thus far I haven't experienced morning sickness (fingers crossed that stays away), though I have had my share of other preggo whoas. Definitely exhaustion, I feel like I'm in a cloud just going through the motions some days. I have a habit of putting things in the wrong place...prime example is putting trash in the hamper and laundry in the trash, at work. Or almost putting milk in the cabinet..seriously crazy brain right now. And I am definitely hormonal. I think I cried 3 separate times today...Once simply thinking of baby's heartbeat. The second time was after work. I drove the Scion today ( we have 3 vehicles), and as I was leaving work the knob part broke off the key as I was starting the car. So then I was trying to get the key out so I could attach it back to the knob and be able to drive home. I had a pair of pliers and was so flustered I couldn't get it and just started crying. Thankfully, my boss who was clearly much more level headed, got it for me. Now if only I could sleep through the night! It has literally been like 4 weeks since I have...not that I am counting or anything. Ha! Turns out the increased blood in my system has given me lovely nasal congestion that wakes me up every few hours throughout the night. As if that wasn't annoying enough, lower back/hip joint pain set in. My right side gets so sore for some reason. It aches, and throbs, and sometimes is a sharp pain...whether I'm sitting, standing, laying down, or putting pressure on my leg a certain way. So at the recommendation of a mommy friend, I got some Tylenol PM and hope that will help me get some sleep.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments on my posts are always welcomed and appreciated!!!