Pages

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

10 Weeks

Well I am at 10 weeks (as of Aug.4th)...I still have yet to sleep through the night.  The Tylenol PM did nothing for me.  I need to find a good decongestant....it just feels like I have the world's worst allergies when it comes time to try and sleep.  I sneeze, I'm congested, I literally just want to get rid of my nose.  I have tried allergy medicine and that has done nothing...so I all I have left is to try something for congestion.  So I am hoping that helps me, cause all I want is just one night of sleep.  Lord knows I won't get it once baby is here.  On the bright side, all that joint pain has gone away (for the time being, at least!)

Right around 9 weeks I began to get a bit of a bulge, and well by the end of this week I have acknowledge I am definitely showing a visible baby bump.  I had this false illusion that wouldn't show for a few more months, and I have been feeling down on myself for "showing so soon".  But friends, fellow mommies have assured me that due to my petite size it was bound to show sooner.  Yesterday at work I decided I should send out an email to the parents, because I knew they must have noticed and be wondering.  One response was "I was thinking of saying something the other day, but decided not to just in case you had just finished a really big lunch or something :)" and another said "OMG I was totally asking my kids if you had mentioned anything about a baby, because you were like washboard (abs) before"...so I am glad I let them know I am not merely just snacking and gaining weight ha!

I am still able to wear my regular clothes, but I realized that I probably to need to invest in a Bella Band.  I know in the coming weeks the pants will get tighter and less comfortable (sigh)...so off I went to Babies R Us.  Bella Band's aren't the cheapest piece of cloth in the world..so though I wanted both black and white I opted to get just one and first see how I liked it before getting more.  Well I got home last night and put that thing on and let me just say it is soooo comfy! I think I am in love....though the fact a Bella Band of all things makes me this happy is slightly depressing in itself.  This whole experience (as I knew it would be) is definitely just that...a new experience.  The changes you go through from day to day is exciting and scary all at once.  And oh the roller coaster of emotions...Dear Hormones, so unappreciated.  Some moments I am totally fine, other days I wake up and just feel on edge, and then there are the days I cry at every little sad or moving thing.  So I am just trying to take it all a day at a time, and take the changes as they come.  I am so thankful for the support of those around me thus far, and the sweet sweet comments that have made me feel beautiful even amidst my body changes and feeling less then glamorous at times.  I know this is only the beginning, but I am ready for each and every chapter that unfolds!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my posts are always welcomed and appreciated!!!