Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

Tis the Season

So I realized that I never got around to posting a Thanksgiving blog. Ahh life's been hectic.  So without going into too much detail since I am way behind, Thanksgiving was pretty mellow.  Did dinner at my moms and for the first time actually participated in the whole cooking and helping host a Thanksgiving dinner.  Let me just say it is a lot of work!  I don't think I have ever spent so many consecutive hours in a kitchen.  The night before I made my pumpkin chocolate chip cookies with a vanilla glaze, and began my apple pumpkin brown betty.  This dessert I baked right inside of a pumpkin.  You make the filling (apples, bread, brown sugar, amongst other things), put it inside a pumpkin that you have cleaned out, and bake for several hours.  Once the inside walls of the pumpkin have baked long enough and are soft, you mix it in with the filling and wallah!  It's done.

 
 
 
After dinner, Chris and I decided to head to a movie.  We went and saw Lincoln.  It was a pretty good movie, and I recommend seeing it.
 
 
 
This weekend, was to be the weekend we got Christmas decorations up.  Thursday evening I began feeling a little off, and all day Friday I had what felt like insanely awkful allergies.  I woke up Saturday with completely congested sinuses.  I did a sinus rinse and took some medicine and hoped it would get better.  That evening we put up the Christmas tree and some other decorations.  Our Christmas tree decorations are red, white/silver, and blue...quite patriotic :)
 
 
 
By Saturday evening my sinus congestion was still there, but had also moved into my chest.  I had developed a deep cough as well.  The chest congestion mixed with the cough was starting to effect my breathing (I have asthma).  By the time I woke up Sunday, I was having a really tough time breathing so we headed to the ER.  I was hooked up to an IV (which I absolutely hate getting IVs!, I almost passed out and they had to do it twice to get a good one), which caused me to have extreme chills and I was just shaking.  I had an IV in one arm, a heart rate/blood pressure monitor, two blankets on, and a constant need to blow my nose.  It was miserable!  Not to mention all the fluids made me have to go to the bathroom constantly.  They gave me steroids and a breathing treatment to help open up my lungs and get me breathing easier again.  They say it's a viral infection (great! no antibiotics), prescribed me some decongestants and sent me one my way.  Needless to say I took it easy the rest of the day...went home and wrapped myself in a blanket.  Chris was very sweet and took care of me all weekend.  He cooked, he ran to the store to get things I needed, and tried to help in any way he could.  We did manage to accomplish getting our little gingerbread houses done that evening though.
 
 



The sinus pressure has gotten better thankfully, but my chest congestion and hack of a cough are quite a pain still.  I am hoping these meds start working at breaking this stuff up in my chest.  My cough has not only caused me to have a sore throat and shortness of breath, but now I have a pain in my abdomen from all the coughing. Ugh...I just want to be healthy!  I swear with all these meds, something has to improve soon!
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I hope that you are feeling better :) P.S. I nominated you for a Liebster Award!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to mention it's on my blog...
      http://simplyinspiredme.blogspot.com/?m=1

      Delete
  2. Thank you, still sick so hoping it kicks soon! And awesome I will go check it out!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, that sounds so good! Hope you feel better :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my posts are always welcomed and appreciated!!!