Pages

Monday, December 10, 2012

Army Ball 2012

This past Thursday was our Army Ball this year.  I know some folks don't really like them, but I do.  I love getting to go buy a pretty gown and get dolled up....there aren't many occassions in life that give you that opportunity.  Sure you can put on a pretty dress and go out, but the whole full on ball gown is reserved for special occasions.  And perhaps part of the reason I love it so much is because I never went to prom in high school...so now I just get to go to balls :)  Plus I appreciate the traditions that go along with balls.  Anyways, I had fun.  It was good to see old friends and laugh and enjoy the night, and to meet some new people as well.

The guest speaker for the night was retired four star General Gordon Sullivan, who was the 32nd Chief of Staff, who was also there with retired CSM Don Thomas.  Because of Chris and his accomplishments of being an amputee and returning to active duty, they invited us up to speak with them.  Chris chatted with General Sullivan a lot and answered various questions.  I chatted with CSM Thomas quite a bit, who was a very nice guy.  General Sullivan gave a nive speech, and of course the night wouldn't have been complete without the amazing dancing which took place after the formal portion of the evening.

*Us all ready to go!*
 
*Dance floor fun*
 
 
The next morning I woke up starving...all I wanted to do was order breakfast.  Sometimes the best part of staying in a nice hotel is room service!  Something about being served breakfast in bed....I love it.  We order breakfast burritos and they were huge and very yummy!
 
 
 
Friday was spent Christmas shopping.  We got gift wrap, bows, and all that jazz along with some gifts for family.  And tried to give each other some gift ideas while we were at it.  That night we had dinner at the Olive Garden.  I was excited because a friend had told me that they have a creme brulee martini right now.  For those who don't know I love creme brulee...I try it almost every where we go (though I definitely have my favorites at certain restaurants).  And the carmel brulee latte at Starbucks is like greatest thing ever...I get sooo excited every year when it comes out and sooo sad when it goes away.  So naturally I had to try this martini...and yup it was yummy!
 



Saturday Chris had to go into work for a few hours (he is on funeral duty for the next several weeks), so while he was away I busied myself with wrapping gifts.  That evening we decided to head up to Cripple Creek.  It is a little gambling town in the mountains just west of CO Springs, and it used to be an old mining town.  Even though I turned 21 a few years ago, this was my first time going gambling.  I understand both roulette and blackjack, but I sort of get "stage fright" and didn't really want to play with other people at the tables ha.  I sat next to Chris and helped tell him where to put the chips for roulette.  He waled away up in both games.  I blew some money on a few slot machines for the heck of it, and I was good.  The best part for me was they have The Hangover (the movie) slot machine.  It was awesome.  The game is hilarious, with clips from the movie.  At one point I hit a bunch of bonuses and was up...but of course kept playing til I lost it all. Ha.  Chris managed to snap a photo of me playing it...don't mind the ridiculous look on my face :)
 
It was a nice long weekend.  Sunday morning we woke up to snow.  It has been very warm and dry so far here in CO...and I for one was not complaining.  I can enjoy a little snow every snow and then, and yes it is pretty and I prefer to admire it from inside.  It was so stinking cold with this snow though!  Teens and single digits...this girl does not fair well in such conditions!  If it must snow can it at least not be so frigid..those temperatures should be illegal!  But since the mountains did look pretty I snapped a photo.
 
 
Take care of all your memories.  For you cannot relive them. ♥ 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my posts are always welcomed and appreciated!!!