Pages

Friday, October 21, 2011

Birthday Week

I have had a busy busy week.  My birthday was yesterday (Oct 20th).  After finding out some of my friends were going to be busy this weekend, I decided to go have some drinks with some friends last Saturday.  Little did I know that my dear mom was secretly planning a happy hour on my behalf.  I showed up thinking I was going for another friend's birthday and to my surprise had ballons, flowers, a cake, and confetti in my name!  It was very nice.  I had a great night with some good friends. 

Then began a busy work week.  I had one co-worker out of town and my boss was getting ready to have a baby (which as I side note, her baby was born on my birthday!)  I was working long days doing opening to closing to help out.  The kids fed off our energy and so we were all a bit restless.  So needless to say by this afternoon I was more then ready for the weekend and picked up some wine on my way home from work!

The night before my birthday I went to diiner with some old family friends, and then yesterday (my birthday) my friend Megan and her boyfriend came and took me to dinner downtown at The Keg Steakhouse, if you have never been there well it is very good!  And their creme brulee is to die for!  She showed up and had bought me flowers....my favorite flower!  It was very sweet and a simple gesture that meant the world to me.  I have some great friends in my life and those ladies mean the world to me!

I am glad the week is done though and am ready to try to unwind from the hecticness that has been my life lately.  I am ready to feel calm, to feel relaxed, and at ease.  I am hopeful for my tomorrows, and as for today I will enjoy my glass of wine and call it a night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my posts are always welcomed and appreciated!!!