Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Coins

Last week we had a few visitors down at BAMC.  On Tuesday we saw 1SG Davis and his family.  They came down for a day or two and saw us and the Ochoas.  Then on Thursday SGT Major Kinloch came and had lunch with us and others from the unit who are also down here.  It is always good when people like this come and visit.  It makes me feel good knowing they still think of us and are concerned with how we are doing.  I really do like our SGT Major.  He is a good guy.  And the fact that he made a point of asking my imput as a spouse and what thing could be improved for the family of soldiers in regards to deployment and if your soldier is wounded, was great.  So many times we (the spouses/families) and our opionons are put to the way side and rarely do I feel as though how I think or feel is really considered.  So I have a lot of respect for him for actual listening to what I had to say.  And hearing his appreciation of the wives here, and the thanks he gave us for what we do meant the world.  Even if you know you are appreciated, it means a million times more to hear it. 

Then at the end of the meeting he coinded all of us.  This is my second time being coined (both times by a SGT Major) so that is pretty cool.  And I really like our brigade's coin!  Then SGT Major had me coin the 4ID NCOIC (Non-Commisioned Officer In Charge) which was awesome since he is always giving me a hard time.  So I can always hold it over his head that I coined him :)

These are the two coin's I have gotten:

Appreciation can make a day, even change a life. Your willingness to put it into words is all that is necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my posts are always welcomed and appreciated!!!