Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Girl Time

This weekend one of my good friends Megan came to visit me.  I was so so excited!  Timing was perfect since Chris was going to Boston for a rowing competition, now I didn't have to spend the whole weekend alone!  She got here Friday morning.  After hanging out and getting ready for the day, we headed out to get some lunch.  We decided on The Macaroni Grill.  We both ordered the Grilled Chicken Panini sanwhich with a ceasar salad.  It was very good and well priced.  After lunch we drove out to the Outlet Malls at San Marcos (which was about 15miles from the restaurant).  When we got to the outlets and walked into the first store Megan realized she no longer had her debit card.  She used it at lunch, and we drove straight here.  We dumped out her purse, searched every crevice of the car, all her pockets.  Nowhere to be found.  So the only thing we could imagine happened was it got left in the bill fold at the restaurant or perhaps we left it on the counter in the bathroom there.  We check the restaurant and it is nowhere to be found.  We both conclude someone had to have taken it because thats the only place it could have been.  Any who, we went and cancelled her card right away then she transfered money to my account to be withdrawn.  Mystery but problem solved.  After the outlets we went to North Star Mall and looked around there for a bit too.  By 6pm we were both exhausted.  I had ;little sleep the night before, and nor did she.  So we went back to the room to lay down and kind of recharge our batteries.  After a few hours we decided to head out for some dinner.  We tried a place called "Urban Mexican".  Yeah.....not our fave.  It was spendy ( $13 quesadillas), and not the best food I have ever had.  So put that on the lesson's learned list.

Saturday, after we got up ate breakfast and got ready, we headed over to The Quarry Market.  This is an outdoor shopping area. Went to a store or two and looked around, then got our Starbucks fix for the day.  We wanted to do something different so we headed downtown for the remainder of the day.  We went to Ripley's Believe or Not, which was pretty cool and interesting.  It was great because neither of us had ever been before.  And it was even better because our military discount saved us a lot!  We paid $5 each instead of $20!  We spent some time walking around The Riverwalk, then we got dinner at a Mexican Restaurant.  This time, the food and prices were much much better!  I ordered a Sangria Margarita and Megan ordered a Coors.  She got IDed, and I didn't! I decided I don't look old she just looks young ;)
Following dinner we headed over to a place called "Howl at the Moon".  We love the name of the place and they are supposed to have dueling pianos there so we thought it would be a cool place to visit.  However, when we saw a line and people paying to get in, we opted to go to the cozy little martini bar next door.  Very happy with this choice.  It was a nice mellow place perfect for us to chat. 

She had to leave early this morning.  I am so glad she came, we had a great time! And as always we laughed at anything and everything :)

I was mocking the TX glam...big hair & bright blush.

 ♥ Listening is a magnetic and strange thing, a creative force. The friends who listen to us are the ones we move toward. When we are listened to, it creates us, makes us unfold and expand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my posts are always welcomed and appreciated!!!