Wed (Feb. 9th) was my husband's birthday. This is his third birthday since we've been together. His first one, when he turned 24 he was in Iraq. So I am not sure exactly what I got him, but I know it consisted of goodies stuffed into a care package. Last year he turned 25, and I threw him a surprise birthday party at our place. He had no idea it was coming. I remeber his friend Burton was my wing man in the operation and took him out for drinks so everyone could arrive. Chris thought I was being overbearing when I said "You better be back by 7:30" and he was like "Geez it's my birthday!" Little did he know what was up my sleeve. It was great and we had fun with some of our friends. So this year I had no idea what to do for his 26th birthday. I am a big birthday person, I think they are great! I hadn't planned to even be with him for this birthday, and now that I was and we're stuck in TX with no real home or car I was worried how special I could possibly make it. Getting his gifts without him knowing was a task in itself (not so easy when you share a very small space with the person you are secretly buying gifts for). I managed to pull that off though, and am pleased to say he liked his gifts. We rented a car for the week, so we went to Olive Garden (which is where we had our first date) for dinner. We love that place, and dinner was great! We always get the Black Tie Mousse Cake, it is by far one of our favorite desserts ever!
Then the following night we did a get together with some friends. We went to Dave & Buster's for dinner and some games. I think everyone enjoyed themselves and it was nice to get out, especially with some of the other couples from our unit who are down here. Ruth Ochoa and I got into an intense gaming session on the Time Crisis 3 game. Who knew us two girls could be so good at a shooting game?! It was fun and very amusing to say the least, we had a mini crowd as we hogged the game. Ruth was screaming like we were really in a shoot out (which was awesome) and I kept saying "I got him, I got him! Yeah I'm an Army Wife, that's how I roll!" hahaha good times for sure. I am glad my husband got to enjoy his birthday he deserved it!
♥ As we advance in life it becomes more and more difficult, but in fighting the difficulties the inmost strength of the heart is developed. ♥

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments on my posts are always welcomed and appreciated!!!