So I went from being pretty darn good about blogging, to kind of slacking a tid bit (oops!) Not that I don't have the time to sit and blog, I just am lacking in the "blog worthy events" department lately.For the most part, the day in and day out events around here stay the same. Monday through Friday an alarm goes off around 6:30am for Chris to make a phone call that literally consists of "Hey, this is Sgt Champion. I'm up." It is better than waking up to roll across the parking lot to do this, but still a little silly if you ask me. Then PT twice a day and another appointment or two throwin in the mix. Beyond that, nothing exciting.
I did however go grocery shopping the other day with a friend I met down here. Who knew groceries could be so exciting and the highlight of someones day or week even! First we went to HEB which is literally the only grocery store chain down here. Got most of what we wanted but they were missing some things, so then we also went to Wal-Mart to finish up. Tops on the list of things I got were vanilla yogurt, organic flax granola, and strawberries. These three things together is like my favorite little snack ever. The fact that its super healthy makes it even better! Not to mention its nice having some food in the house so every time I am hungry I don't have to walk across to the DFAC at the hospital.
Speaking of which, it is a good thing we have food cause it has been nothing but gloomy and rainy all week! Not fun to walk in. Even though winter in CO is colder, at least its normally sunny! Not so depressing as this. I feel like I havent seen the sun in days. Boo boo boo! And last weekend I bought these amazing new wedges, which I can't wear in the rain. Sheesh darn weather.
On the bright side, I did get a free massage on Monday night and a free manicure yesterday morning. You better believe I will sign up for as much of the free "perks" they offer me around here! Also, Major Birmingham from our brigade and the Sgt Major of 3rd brigade came to visit yesterday. Just to check in with all of us and see how things are, any concerns, etc. And I even got coined. My very first time. LoL. I knwo it happens all the time, but how many times does a Sgt Major coin a spouse? I thought it was pretty cool. My husband seems to think I'm retarded for thinking that. But I don't care :)
And since I realize I haven't really given much of a health update on him, here it is. The broken bones in his right leg are lined up, and the doc is going to begin a compression program next week. If all goes well he won't have to do a bone graft and the bones will fuse back together on their own. The left leg is doing fine, just waiting on it to get a little smaller on the end so they can cast it for the prosthetic. He finally began crutching this past week. Hopefully he gets good enough to ditch the wheelchair for some time during the day. He is down to taking only 4 pills in the morning and 4 pills at night. Compared to taking 10 meds, and taking pills 4 times a day back in November.
Still trying to get used to sharing a house with a bunch of random people. I get along and talk to a few now which is nice, But, it's still weird. And the hard water in Texas still sucks. It makes my poor face break out, and my porr skin is dry! Yes, dryer then in COLORADO. Now how in the world does that work? I couldn't figure out what was wrong with my skin, but then when we went home on Christmas my skinwas completely clear within two days and I stopped itching. Now I am back to doing everything in my power to keep my skin healthy. Crazy how much a state's water can affect you! So yes Texas still stinks and I still miss home. Just trying my darndest to hang tough!
♥ Sometimes our fate resembles a fruit tree in winter. Who would think that those branches would turn green again and blossom, but we hope it, we know it. ♥
Glad to hear Chris is doing well. Give him our best. Things can always be worse, so buck up little sis and take care of that husband of yours.
ReplyDelete