Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

1/1/11...A New Year

Well 2010 has come and gone. Wow, where did all that time go.  It was quite a roller coaster year for me. There were some huge high lights of the year, but overall I am ready to take on 2011 and am hopeful for what the future may hold.  So in honor of the past year I am going to attempt to write one memorable thing that happened each month of 2010, here we go....

January - We set the date for our wedding.

February - I threw a surprise 25th birthday party for the hubby.  He had no idea :)

March - I bought the dress. I was pretty  darn excited, especially since the one I bought was the wild card I tried on just cause I was curious what it would look like on.

April - Chris was gone all month at Ft Polk for deployment training, that month pretty much just sucked.

May - May was all about finishing up last minute wedding details, booking beauty appointments, and getting excited for summer.

June - June 5th, 2010 was the big day.  I got all dolled up, walked down the aisle, took a gazillion pics, and had the greatest night of my life. The food was amazing, the guests were great, and the dancing was a blast. I loved my wedding and will always cherish it! Then we went to Cabo for the honeymoon, which was amazing as well.





Mr &Mrs!!!



                                                                  The Cake!!!



                                                                           Cabo :)



July - We spent the 4th at my mom's. However it rained that night soooo fireworks/firework shows were kind of a no go. But we still had fun. The rest of the month was me trying my hardest to pause time or slow it down, dreading the coming month.


August - August 5th, the day I had to say good-bye. Even now I can remember that moment as if it were yesterday. The mountain of emotions inside me, the need to burst out in tears the entire day leading up to it, and holding it in with every ounce of my being. Sitting in that gym, with such a gloomy and sullen feeling suffocating the room. And holding him as tight as I could and watching him walk away through tears in my eyes. August was the month I was reminded how much deployments absolutely suck! I moved out of our apartment and back to Aurora with my mom, started a new job which I absolutely loved.

September - I was settling into my "new" life that I thought would become the next year. I spent my days at work, and often my nights nannying to help pass the time. And care package decorating was my exciting Sunday routine. I was getting used to him being gone and then was preparing for him to come home on a very early R&R. Then Sept 26th came and changed our life. The highlite of that day was supposed to be watching the Broncos v. Colts game with Megan and Heather. Then I got that call. The one call that changed my entire life in a split second. That moment is one that will never be forgotten.
 









October - Almost 2 months to the day, I saw my husband again on Oct 6th. Yet another day in my year filled with a whirlwind of emotions. I also turned 21 in Oct of this year. Oh finally :) It is nice to enjoy a glass of wine at dinner on occasions now!

November - Month 2 at BAMC, nothing too exciting. But it was my first Thanksgiving away from home. was sad, but not too bad.

December - We got to go home for Christmas! Definitely the best part of the month.


As for 2011, I hope for my husband to get back to 100% and be up healthy and walking again. I hope for me to stay healthy, and focused in all aspects of my life. Stick with my passions, and find new ones. Cherish my friendships because I have some pretty awesome ones. And perhaps, be getting back home to CO and getting ready to buy our first home! Just have to see the light, and follow it.

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.

2 comments:

  1. Good job looking forward! Happy you can see the positives in some of the worst times! LOVE the quote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying to! I am hoping 2011 will bring me lots of good, cause this gal here can't take any more bad! I love youu :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my posts are always welcomed and appreciated!!!