Pages

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Stitchfix = New Obsession

Where oh where has this been all my life...seriously.  Anyone who knows me knows I enjoy shopping,  and I love getting things in the mail.  Combine those two things and you have Stitchfix.  Then let's recount my last shopping experience with my son.   He awoke amidst me looking for some new items,  hungry and crying.  So I ended up walking through the store nursing him, and attempting to select some things.  Then after he finished eating he went on to have a very large and very smelly diaper, so a I skipped trying anything on, grabbed what I could and checked out in a hurry.  Needless to say, I dont really have a desire to venture out clothes shopping much anymore.   So when a friend of mine told me about Stitchfix I couldn't wait to try it out.

What it is, is basically a personal shopper/stylist service and all from the convenience of home! Not to mention, the surprise factor makes it that much more fun!  You fill out a style profile, pay a $20 styling fee, and then a stylist hand selects 5 items to send to you.  You wait very impatiently (ha!) for your goods to show up, then you are able to try on the pieces at home.  This I loved, because I was able to pair it with items in my closet to make sure I really liked it.  The include a nifty little style guides for each item.  You have 3 days to decide what you want to keep, and what you want to send back.  The $20 you paid is then applied to the purchase of your items, and as a bonus if you decide to keep all 5 items you save 25% off the total. Definitely go check it out...Stitchfix.com And if you follow my link and sign-up I will get a lovely $25 credit.  Then you will get your own special referral link to give out...win win win!

 


I think my stylist did a great job picking items for me.  Here's what I got in my 1st fix:

1. Aiden Ankle Length Skinny Jean in white: I had requested white denim in my fix, and was super bummed they were a tad bigger then how I wanted them to fit. So had to send them back.

2. June Polka Dot Skirt: A super cute navy polka-dot pencil skirt. I honestly really liked it, and almost kept it buut I had to rationalize the fact I probably would never really wear it.  I am a stay at home mom, no job, etc. So I sent it back, but dang was it cute!

3. Yanna Floral Print Flutter Sleeve Blouse:  Loved the print, loved the colors, loved the sleeves. But when I turned to the side I was not a huge fan of how it sat on me, and I kind of looked preggo. So I sent it back. 

4. Indianan Abstract Chevron Print Mixed Material Tee: Absolutely loved, and probably my favorite item. It's casual, but unique, super comfy, and definitely colors I like. Kept.

5. Moni Geo Print & Camisole Blouse:  This I was real excited about. I had seen it on Pinterest in other people's fixes and loved the embellishments and detail. I had not seen it in this color though,  but I was pleasantly surprised. I don't own any orange (aside from Bronco clothes), and it's a nice piece to add to my wardrobe! Kept.

I am definitely happy I was introduced to Stitchfix.  As a new mommy it is hard to find time to do things for myself, so this is a nice treat that also is convenient and my son even got a kick out of watching me try my clothes on while he was comfortable playing with a toy. I so recommend this for other mommies or any ladies who just don't have time to shop, or want to add some new pieces to their wardrobe that maybe you wouldn't pick on your own.  I look forward to getting another fix in the future :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my posts are always welcomed and appreciated!!!