Today was one of those days where little man just didn't seem content no matter what I tried. So by this evening I was feel in g rather frustrated and drained from the day. I was attempting to get dinner put together and eat (while feeling like I was going to pass out from hunger and a lovely headache), putting dishes away, and trying my darndest to prevent him from having a full on meltdown. Then throw in a few other things that added to what was going on and I just was at my wits end. As I was getting him changed for bed time tears began pouring out. I stopped, was able to take a breath, and look down at that sweet face beaming back up at me. And just like that all the frustration of the last hour or so disappeared. I got lost in those blue eyes that look at me full of love and admiration, lost in that contagious little smile, and my heart filled with love. And I think that is truly beautiful, the way no matter what happens, no matter what my day may throw at me, or what knocks me down...that little boy is able to pick me back up with one look. He is my purpose. ..my driving force to keep going and do better. He keeps me grounded, and reminds me what matters most.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments on my posts are always welcomed and appreciated!!!