Where oh where does the time go? I have had every intention of blogging at least once a month, but that just clearly has not happened. Fact is a I just don't have the time to sit down at my computer and write like I used to. I miss being able to do that but it's just not a priority or realistic most days. So I am kind of bummed I have failed at the monthly updates this far, but hope I am able to get better. It dawned on me that as much as I prefer to blog from my lap top it is much more likely to get done if I do it from my phone. I can simply post as I'm nursing or with a sleeping baby on me...so that is what I shall do!
Where oh where to begin with what has happened from 1 month to 4 months....has it seriously been 3 months! Holy moly. Well I have just been living the full time mommy life. It has had its ups and downs, many moments of learning, exhaustion, some times of frustration but above all it has been amazingly rewarding and the single best thing I have ever done in my life. I love my sweet boy a little more each day, though I don't know how because he is the best. The first few months were rough, he was a bit of a colicky baby. Lots of gas and reflux issues, he nursed constantly so that is how I spent majority of my days. At first that was a struggle, but I soon learned to embrace it and to just cherish all that down time sitting with him. And I am so glad I did because it really is gone in the blink of an eye. Just the other day I was putting away his old clothes he no longer fits, into a storage bin to make room for new stuff. I had to stop in disbelief as I held up a preemie size outfit that he once was too little for. Where did my little 5 lb. 9 oz. baby go...I couldn't even imagine him fitting into something that small. He has grown by leaps and bounds, and now people think he is much older then he is. He is weighing in at 16 lbs. and is 25 inches long. I am quickly learning motherhood is filled with bitter sweetness and a slew of other contradictions. Anyways, after those rough first months he seemed to turn a corner and has truly turned into such a sweet, fun loving baby full of big smiles and love. I ADORE him! I will say he isn't the best sleeper. He often wakes when I attempt to lay him down, and only occasionally puts himself to sleep (always when riding in the car, he can become grouchy and fight his naps, and he doesn't sleep for long stretches at night. But that's OK because as tough as that can be at times, I know this too will pass before I know it. For now I just enjoy those moments of my baby sleeping peacefully on my chest. I look forward to watching him continue to grow and become his own little person every day, and no matter what is going on in my day or my life I know I can look at t hat sweet little face and know that I am truly blessed!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments on my posts are always welcomed and appreciated!!!