Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2011

A Care Package For Me!

So by now I am more then used to care packages, and I think I am a pretty darn good care package sender.  However, I am usually not the one on the receiving end.  So on Thursday when a box showed up in the mail for me, and I opened it to find a pretty little care package I was super excited!  About a month or so ago I joined a group on Facebook called Operation Homefront's Wounded Warrior Wives , and then went to their website and signed up as well.  They send out care packages to all their new members in order to show some appreciation to the women who stand behind our nation's wounded.  It is so nice to find an organization that supports and represents us, cause I feel like to many times the caregivers and supporters can be pushed to the way side.  Anyways, the package came at such a good time.  I didn't necessarily have a bad week, but it was a long week.  For the first time since my husband was injured, I went back to work full-time (I was unemployed from Sept.26, 2010-Aug.22, 2011).  It is an adjustment trying to get back into the swing of things, especially when you're a preschool teacher.  It is very rewarding but definitely a demanding job.  So by Thursday night all I wanted to do was put on my PJs and mope around, so this little surprise perked me up and gave me the oomph I needed to get through Friday :)




This quote was inside the card, I absolutely love it and it totally made me tear up.  I hope this quote can sum up how my wounded warrior feels about my support of him!

♥ Because you love me I have much acheived, Had you despised me then I must have failed, But since I knew you trusted and believed, I could not disappoint you and so prevailed. - Paul Laurence Dunbar ♥

3 comments:

  1. That's so awesome! It's so nice to have someone take care of you once in a while. It's a nice feeling. Also I hope the full-time job and things at home go well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it was very nice! And thank you, so far it's all going well. Just have to get used to that darn alarm clock in the mornings :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this on the wounded warrior wives page!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my posts are always welcomed and appreciated!!!