Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

Blog Day & First Date Day

So today is the one year mark since I started my blog.  It began as just a simple hobby to help pass the time while my husband was deployed, and turned into so much more. It became a great source to keep family and friends updated about my husband and I, as we began the journey of rehab and recovery.  And most importantly it became an outlet for me.  A way to express my thoughts and my feelings, and very therapeutic in many ways.  I am so happy I started blogging, and I plan to keep it up for a long time to come :)

Another reason today is special is because it is my husband and I's 3 year "first date anniversary".  Three years ago today, I went on a date with him while he was home on R&R from Iraq.  We had dinner at Olive Garden (which is why it is still one of our favorite date night places).  I remember being so nervous the whole time.  I thought he was just so handsome, and I didn't want him to think I was lame ;)  I even scared him with my highway driving.  Really it wasn't me, it was the fact that the only "vehicle" he had really been in the last several months was a tank!  Anyways, if on that date you would have asked me what I thought may come of it, I could have never imagined.  The last three years have been a roller coaster.  We have had plenty of ups and downs.  Moments that were amazing and moments that were very tough.  We have made it through both the obstacles of his injury and one's in our personal relationship.  I am happy we went on that date, and am happy to have him in my life.  So here's to us, and to hoping the next 3 years are even better!

And just because I think it's so sweet, here is my husband's facebook status from today...

"Few years ago i met a girl on mid tour that i dated a few times that was as nice, genuine, gorgeous and loyal as they come... two tours, some serious ups and downs and a leg later she has been my wife just over a year and is still the backbone of my life and support and stuck around through it all. thanks for taking a chance on some random pfc in the army then angela champion. love you"

The moment we choose to love we begin to move against domination, against oppression. The moment we choose to love we begin to move towards freedom, to act in ways that liberate ourselves and others. That action is the testimony of love as the practice of freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my posts are always welcomed and appreciated!!!