On Monday morning Chris and I got to come home for a week. I have never been so excited in my life! An organization called Miles for Heroes paid for our plane tickets. We didn't have to pay to check our luggage with United because we are military. Then we got bumped from row 18 in Coach to row 1 in First Class! This was my very first time ever flying firstclass. I was kind of excited. They pay constant attention to you, give you hot towels before serving a full course breakfast. Best plane ride I have ever had that's for sure. When we got to DIA, and got off the elevator by the fountain where people greet you, we were surprised by a group of 10 or so of our friends and family holding signs shouting "Welcome Home". It made both of us cry instantly. It was so heart warming and I loved it so much.
The other night, while we were still in TX I couldn't sleep very well. There is a train track right next to where we stay, and a train goes by like every hour blowing its horn super loud. Then we have rude neighbors who seem to think repeatedly slamming their door after 10pm is ok. Anyways, as I laid awake at 2am I sent a "newstip" to Denver's 9news about my husband and us coming home. I didn't really think they would respond, but guess what? First thing the next morning I was exchanging emails with 9news producers and they wanted to share our story! So yesterday morning they came to my mom's house and interviewed us. I swore I wasn't going to cry, but of course I did :) So below is the video clip that aired on Denver's 9news during the 6 o'clock hour (the big show, as I was informed). Enjoy.
♥ What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future. It is a fervent wish that every cup may overflow with blessings rich and eternal, and that every path may lead to peace. ♥
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments on my posts are always welcomed and appreciated!!!