So for the first time since coming down here, I feel like I have had an actual busy week. Since Chris got discharged from the hospital we have done quite a bit. Like maniacs, we went shopping on Black Friday. I for one have never done that before because I do not enjoy shopping in large crowds. Any who, Chris wanted to get a bigger TV for our room and a new Xbox, so off to Best Buy we went. Then we stopped by Target and had lunch at Red Robin. Did pretty good for his first day leaving the BAMC area.
Then we had a nice long weekend. Spent lots of time together, hanging out enjoying being out of the hospital finally. Rented movies and snuggled up a lot. Which is a good thing because Monday began a crazy week. Being his first week as an outpatient we had appointment after appointment and inprocessing to do. What a drag! At least I got a free one hour full body massage on Monday night after a long day of running around. There are some perks around here and I have no problem taking full advantage of them.
Yesterday was a great day also, cause Chris stood up for the first time, and did so several times throughout the day for a few seconds. It was awesome. But then I remembered how much shorter I am then him. Proud of him every day though.
Also, our good friends Megan and Jamie came to visit. We were so excited to see them! Jamie is home on R&R, and they came down to Texas for a bit. The boys got some needed time together, as did Megan and I. We had lunch at Olive Garden. Then the boys played Xbox while Megan and I went to the nail salon. We sat in massage chairs that included a butt massage! Not the cheeks but there was like a piece that went right up the middle of your booty....very interesting to say the least. It was so funny. That night we had PF Chang's for dinner, which was yummy. Chris had never eaten there before and he really liked it! The night ended with going to see Due Date which Megan and I had planned on seeing since September! Was totally worth the wait. I thought it was hilarious :)
Today, Chris's medic from Afghanistan came to visit. He was the one who first treated Chris after the explosion. It meant a lot to meet him, and he is such a nice guy. I told him "I know I don't know you, but I am going to hug you anyway." As I did I thanked him for what he did. It means a lot to get to meet him, and I will forever be greatful for what he did, along with the doctors in Germany and here at BAMC. So we got to spend the day with him today. I just want all our Crazy Horse boys home safe and sound.
Time to relax for the night, and get some rest for tomorrow's adventures!
♥ There is an energy field between humans. And, when we reach out in passion, it is met with an answering passion and changes the relationship forever. ♥

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments on my posts are always welcomed and appreciated!!!