Pages

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Critters!!

Yesterday our friends Megan and Jamie came to see us one more time before they head back to CO for the remainder of Jamie's R&R.  We hung out down at the River Walk with them.  We got lunch at the Hard Rock, did some shopping, then got some dinner.  We walked for what felt like miles up and down and all around the River Walk area.  At least I got my cardio for the day!  And it was great because Megan and I can find anything and everything to laugh about as we strolled along apparently.  At one point Megan's arm rubbed against a bush, which made a rustling noise. I jumped for a second and then realized it was only her.  When she asked what was wrong I said "Oh nothing, I just thought there was a critter in the bush for a second." She laughed so hard, when Chris & Jamie heard the story they laughed at me too.  Apparently the word "critter" is not used by people often.  Another great discovery of the night was when we saw a sign that read as follows....


The reason it is so funny is because Megan, Heather, and myself have a little inside joke relating back to the Wolf Pack speech Alan gives on The Hangover. It was great!

Oh and speaking of "critters" I killed a cock roach in our room this morning, for the second time in the last week.  Up until being here, I have never seen a roach in my life!  In a week and a half I have seen a total of four big ones, and two little ones.  I for one can not take it!  They are such disgusting things and the stupid long, wiggily antenaes they have gives me the creeps! Oh Colorado, how I miss you!

On another note....as some of you may know I am a proud coffee enthusiast.  I enjoy a warm cup of coffee in the mornings to wake up.  A nice cup of iced coffee mid day can keep me going.  And sometimes a cup at night can end my day just right.  Now this does not mean I have coffee three times a day, every day.  My point is simply that I can enjoy it any time of day. As long as I have known my husband he has never touched a cup of coffee.  He would say it smelt good but didn't think it would taste good. Which to me is just plain crazy talk!  I can go into coffee withdrawals if it's too long since I have had a good cup of coffee.  Earlier this week though, I was had some morning brew when he said to me "Let me try it."  I was completely shocked at this request!  And then when he took that sip, his eyes widened and he exclaimed "Wow, that is really good!"  OMG could it be, I have introduced him to one of the greatest things on earth. So it is official, my husband likes coffee now :) I am proud. And to make the week even better, I finally got a Carmel Brulee Latte from Starbucks. Sucks it is only a seasonal drink cause it sure is good!

 
Laughter rises out of tragedy, when you need it the most, and rewards you for your courage.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for getting me addicted to those lattes! That was an awesome night BTW. I had sooo much fun. Oops I did it again!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my posts are always welcomed and appreciated!!!