Pages

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

What am I doing wrong?

Well it has been one of those days. I find myself wondering what I am doing wrong, how do I make this better, and even a bleak moment of maybe I am a crummy mom.

First off let me start by saying I do love being a mom...I love my son more then anything in this world. He gives my life purpose and an all new meaning.  I wouldn't trade this for anything.  But I am having a hard time with the big old sleep battle.

Now I know that is part of being a new parent but sometimes I feel like I have been treading water for almost 6 months and am drowning.  I am blessed beyond words with a charismatic,  adorable, loving, baby full of personality.  But sleep is not his strong suit. We still wake constantly through the night (some nights it's literally every hour..on occasional good night's we do go 3/4 hour stretches at times)  And he still refuses to sleep alone... realistically I know he will be 1 before I know it, and I will miss the days of snuggling.  But he will not nap alone,  he is restless in his sleep, and wakes a ton. So I think sleep deprivation is kicking in. And on top of that I haven't had much of any break. I have only left him a handful of times, so I haven't really had any me time to regroup so that I am able to be the best mommy I can. Every body needs a break once in awhile. I just feel like it's non stop and that's been tough. It would be nice to sleep past 6 on occasion after being up several times at night, or to be able to get a little workout in even just at home, or to do something for myself without also trying to juggle my son. Gosh a hot bath and a nice book would be so amazing to unwind. And lord knows I would die for a massage. I don't want or need these things regularly but I do feel like I need it from time to time. Which comes back to the sleep struggle. If he would take just one nap a day alone, I could take that time to do something. Like I said I know this time will pass, and I know this is part of becoming mommy and learning as he grows. I just need it to get a little easier..just need a teeny tiny bit of me time to reset and function so that I can give him 110% without feeling overwhelmed.  In the meantime I just have to breath, enjoy those moments of snuggles, and give the rest to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my posts are always welcomed and appreciated!!!