Pages

Friday, October 4, 2013

18 Weeks

I have not been the best at documenting the pregnancy week by week...but I have been so busy and life has felt so hectic lately.  Trying to balance working full time, looking for a place to live, doctors appointments, and random things like lesson planning, babysitting, and still making some time to see people has just had me on overload the last few weeks.  Not to mention the fact that "baby brain" is in full force.  I had always heard the term "baby brain" but never really quite understood it until having it.  Some days I literally feel like I am losing my mind.  I can't remember things, I have to put everything into my calendar so I don't forget, heck I can barely even finish my sentence or find the word I want to use half the time!  It is crazy how you literally get so scatter brained when you are pregnant, and for me and my type A personality, it has been driving me insane.  I hate feeling like I can't keep my thoughts in line or remember simple things.  So I am sure me trying to balance a million things doesn't make it any better.

Then there is the whole lack of balance you get.  That has officially set in.  I had my first fall about a week or so ago.  I was at work, went to walk through the baby gate, had my hands full when the gate got lose and began to tip over.  My feet got twisted up in it and I was un able to catch myself, so I don't I went with the gate, spilling everything I had in my hands.  Luckily I thought fast enough to land on my knees, but goodness were they sore for a few days.  Talk about full on limp there for a bit. And as the belly grows, the back aches have set in.  Thank goodness for my chiropractor, she has been my life saver!  Constantly getting on and off the floor, and picking kiddos up at work is slowly getting tougher.  And one particular spot on my back just aches, I found myself leaning against the edge of a doorway by the end of today to press on it, which somehow made it feel slightly better.  I suppose an actual massage may be needed rather then door ways lol.

I am hoping things slow down a bit, though I know that is a silly hope because October will be another busy month (maybe November right?) I am super excited to find out the sex of the baby though.  My last checkup at 16 weeks went well.  Got to listen to the baby's heartbeat for the first time - how absolutely amazing that was.  And they said I measured right where I should in all areas.  Then at about 17 weeks I began feeling baby for the first time.  It feels like little rumbles and it is such an incredible thing to experience, and I know it will only get more intense as baby grows. I am about 18 1/2 weeks so, so I am definitely counting down the days until my next appointment! 

So I am happy to say that thus far baby has been healthy and growing right on schedule, which I am so thankful for.  And I am hoping everything looks just as good at the 20 week ultrasound!

1 comment:

  1. You look amazing!! Even if you don't write facts just take a picture if your belly it's cool to look back and watch it grow. I just started doing this for M's baby book. so if you think pregnancy brain is bad just wait.... there is also mommy brain :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments on my posts are always welcomed and appreciated!!!