Wednesday, November 7, 2012
President Barack Obama Victory Speech 2012
After work Tuesday I grabbed 2 bottles of wine and headed home to tune into the election night unfold. I decided how much wine was consumed would be a direct result of how the election was going. Tried as I might, I unfortunately did not remain awake until the end. By the time I had gone to bed the electoral votes were neck and neck, but the odds were in Obama's favor. I went to bed hoping, and woke up and immediately grabbed my phone to verify that Barack Obama was still my President. I was filled with happiness and relief. Four years ago I was granted the privilege to vote for the very first time, and voted for Obama. The last four years have been tough but I see us moving in the right direction and I have faith in his guidance of this country. I voted for him again and as I watched his victory speech (which I watched on youtube as I got ready for work this morning), I was filled with emotion. I followed this campaign closely and felt very invested in it. And of course, when he made the remark about a soldier re-enlisting after losing a limb, in his speech, I broke out in tears. And I must say I am especially proud of my state of Colorado. We were a huge swing state in this election, and our votes truly did matter. I am happy for those who got out and voted, and made their voices heard. I feel that we will move forward from here, and all the election ads are finally over!!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments on my posts are always welcomed and appreciated!!!