Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Banana Cupcakes

So yesterday my friend Jessica and I were watching cupcake wars, which put us both in a major cupcake mood.  So she pulled up a recipe for a Strawberry White Zinfandel cupcake.  We made a quick grocery run and then she whipped them up for us.  They were so delicious.

Today I was in a lounge around mood...and still had cupcakes on my mind.  This past week we got tons of extra bananas at work so my boss told me to bring some home.  So I figured I would put those bananas to use, and found a Banana Cupcake recipe that looked yummy.  And the recipe also includes how to make a Vanilla Pastry Cream topping for them, rather then just a typical frosting recipe, which I liked.  After reading the recipe, and deciding I definitely needed to make them, I decided to add something else.  I thought a chocolate filling would make them even better!  So I decided to make a dark chocolate ganache filling for them as well.  All I did to make my filling was use 2 Ghirardelli bittersweet dark chocolate bars (4oz bars).  Break it up into small pieces and place in a bowl.  Bring 1 cup of heavy whipping cream to a boil and then pour it over the chocolate.  Whisk it until smooth, then add a teaspoon of rum.

They turned out SOOOOO good and best of all, I was super excited to finally get to wear my new apron I bought from Anthropologie!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my posts are always welcomed and appreciated!!!