Pages

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Month One

Well today marks the day I have officially been at BAMC for one month.  It kind of seems crazy that it has been that long already, but I am already getting home sick.  I miss hanging with my girls, I miss the kids at work, and definitely miss good food!  But it is very good to be here with my husband.  At this point I am just ready for him to become an outpatient so life can seem a little more "normal".  And it will be nice to be able to get out and do things with him once he is feeling well enough to do that.  We all know how stir crazy I can get.  Heck, I would love to go play around at Target for an hour or two even :)  I do love that store!  But for now, this is the way life is and that's ok. 

Chris's left leg (the amputated one) has been doing great.  Surguries on that one have been done for a bit now, and he has a shrink sock on it to help with getting excess fluids out and getting it down to size for a prosthetic.  His right leg was broken but then tissue began dying off from an infection.  The doctors broke in a few places in order to move good tissue around and save the leg.  The bone is crooked from the procedure, and is slowly being straightened out.  He has what's called a Halo Exfix on it, which in time he will be able to bear weight on it.  So we are making process, it's just a matter of finishing up a few more minor surguries on the right leg, and weaning of liquid medications so he can be discharged from the hospital and begin his rehab.

Every man's life lies within the present; for the past is spent and done with, and the future is uncertain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my posts are always welcomed and appreciated!!!