Well he is here! Our son decided to make his entrance when I hit the 38 week point of my pregnancy. It started out like any other day...I hadn't had any of the "warning signs" that labor may be approaching. At my last doctor appointment, my cervix was still closed. It was Sunday March 16th, and my dad came down to visit us and get to see our new place for the first time. We headed to dinner at Biaggi's, a yummy Italian restaurant not too far from our place. Towards the end of the meal I noticed I had gotten quite a few Braxton Hicks contractions in a row. I thought it was odd and made a mental note to Google if that could mean labor might start in the next few days. I finished my meal and went to the bathroom. Right as I sat back down at the table Just before 6pm) I felt a surge of moisture and thought to myself "OMG did I just pee myself a little?" a short moment later another gush came, and I went completely wide eyed and stared at my husband for a moment in disbelief before exclaiming "I'm pretty sure my water just broke...we've got to go!" So my husband, my father, and myself rushed out the restaurant, with my pants becoming incrwasingly wet with every step, and everyone staring at us, and headed back to the house to get our hospital bags then we were off to the hospital. We got there just before 7pm and soon after got settled into my labor and delivery room. My husband, my mom, my dad, and my good friend Megan were all there by my side. When I first arrived, I was 2cm dilated and 80% effaced. I continued to efface, baby was sitting low in position, contractions were picking up, but I remained at 2cm for quite some time. Around 11pm the pain was more then I could bare, and I received an epidural along with a spinal push for some immediate relief. After some intense contractions, and a moment of nausea, labor became much easier after getting meds. Around 1am (I believe) they checked and I was still only 2cm dilated...then at about 2am I was at 9 1/2cm and we began pushing. Did a few "practice pushes, and baby's head was visible. The doctor came in, a few big pushes and our sweet boy arrived at 2:37am on Monday Feb.17th! The cord was "short and tight" and around his neck when he came out, but thankfully didn't effect him and was all ok. I was so fortunate to have such a quick and smooth delivery, and a healthy baby!
The flood of emotions that overcome you when that sweet baby is placed in your arms for the first time, is just....indescribable. In an instant you become a mom, your whole world changes, and this tiny little face is peering up at you and you know you are not only responsible for this life, but you would do anything to protect and care for this person and want nothing more then to give them anything and everything in this world. We are blessed beyond words for this bundle of joy. Welcome to this world my sweet boy. I wish for nothing but the best for you and hope that you know just how capable you are, and you move mountains!
The last pregnancy photo I took, the day before my water broke.
With dad.
With mommy.
My little family.
Congratulations and welcome to mommy hood :) What an amazing labor you had that is awesome!!!
ReplyDelete