So how to recap the last month or so. We have continued getting settled into the house, and we hosted Christmas dinner for the first time. It was lots of cooking, plenty of time in the kitchen, and by the end of the day I was ready to lie on the couch and not move. But everything turned out great, the food was delish (not to toot my own horn..but toot toot!) and thankfully my mom helped by making a few sides and dessert. We opened gifts Christmas morning along with my brother-in-law and his gf, then played a boys vs. girls game of Cranium before we sat down for Christmas dinner. Pregnant Angela even rolled around on the floor to act out mud wrestling...I am sure that was quite a sight!
In the weeks since Christmas, I began going through the pile of baby shower gifts that had been piled in the corner of his room. I slowly but surely went through it, organizing items and putting them away in their decided designated locations. I am so happy with how it is all coming together. His crib is up, sheets are on, the dresser/changing pad area is set up, hubby did a great job putting together the bookcases I picked, hanging his curtains, and his monitor is set up. Right now we are waiting on the glider to arrive and then I will hang his mobile, which I am super excited to put together. Once we get that done I will definitely post pics! I got my beloved Mamaroo set up, the bassinet is put together, car seat is ready to go with his BundleMe in it, his hospital bag is pretty much packed (still need a coming home outfit!), and I have a list of what I want to take in my bag. I have been working like a mad woman organizing, cleaning, and trying to make sure everything is in line. Thankfully I have not had any more contractions since our 28 week scare, but I can't help but worry about not being ready if he does come early. So better to air on the cautious side, then put it off!
I have been feeling every bit of pregnant lately. My neck hurts, my back hurts, headaches, constant potty trips, feeling the fact that there is less and less room in my uterus for him, and the increasingly difficult task of...moving. Ha...getting off the couch is a struggle, sitting up is a struggling, getting comfortable at night is hard, and heck I can barely put on my own socks! And just the other day I got the official first "Wow, you look like you are about ready to pop" Ahh yes...definitely feeling it.
Last week we went and got a 3D/4D ultrasound....I am just too impatient and really wanted a sneak peak. Though my dear son refused to wake up and slept the entire ultrasound, I was still excited to see that precious little face!
He sleeps with his arm up like momma.
So sweet.

You look great! I hope things slow/become more routine/organized soon!
ReplyDelete