Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

2013..Ready, Set, Go!

Goodness, this year has started off busy and on the go.  Hence the lack luster activity on my blog.  I feel like for a lot of people they get through the holiday buzz and things slow done.  But not for me.  January started and we have been busy as ever at work, preparing for some upcoming things.  So my days there have been full of energy, and it has definitely kept me on my toes.  But my children are as fun as ever and keep me going, laughing, and smiling day in and day out.  I want to try and bring back my weekly blog post about the things my kids say to me at work, because it is definitely some great material.  I just have to remember to stop and make mental notes of it all!  Here are a few that stnd out from this week...

  • As I am kneeling on the floor talking to a child, another child comes over and climbs on my back like I am a horse and exclaims "You're a playground!"
  • One day this week I was sitting with a few girls who were including me in their imaginative play.  When I asked what we were doing they informed me "We are having lunch at The Panda Express at the North Pole."  Several minutes later...."Also, it's your birthday and we brought along some gifts for you....two pet zebras!!!!" (If only such extravagant adventures occured each day!)
Aside from work, January is filled with birthdays!  Both my parents, along with a few other friends.  My mom's birthday was last weekend.  So we went out for drinks at this Irish pub thats nearby.  It's a fun place, yet very relaxed and casual.  They have a DJ who comes and sets up (totally wedding DJ style) and you can have some drinks and get up and dance on the mini "dance floor" space.  We had a lot of fun, and it was a good night.

My "hair mustache" ha
 
While we were out, my mom had mentioned a photo she had found of her when she was younger.  She had posted it on facebook and one of my cousins commented on how much it looked like me.  Now I have never really thought my mother and I looked much a like (and many times other people have said the same), but we did a side by side comparison and I must say I can see some resemblance.
 
 


I hope everyone else's year has been off to a good/productive start.  Crazy the month is almost over already!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on my posts are always welcomed and appreciated!!!